Application for Apprenticeship will be accepted on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
1. A registered apprenticeship training program is to be established for each Local, that fully complies with all governmental requirements, indenturing apprentices to the program.
2 There will be a Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee (JATC) for each Local’s program consisting of representatives from the union and the employers who will administer the rules and regulations for the apprenticeship program for ‘each Local.
3. New applicants for membership who cannot provide reasonable proof of 4,000 or more hours of employment as a Construction Craft Laborer and 288 of classroom training hours (or. alternatively. cannot demonstrate equivalent skills in a placement examination administered by the JATC shall, whenever possible, enter the Apprenticeship program, The failure of any Apprentice to maintain his or her Apprenticeship status may obligate the Employer to discharge such person upon notice from the Union.
4. The Apprenticeship and Training Standards approved by the Federal Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training or State Apprenticeship Committee are hereby incorporated by reference as a part of this Agreement.
5. Apprentices shall be covered by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and shall be paid according to the following schedule of wages and fringe benefits:
|Hours of Credit||Wage Rate|
|0 – 999||60 % of basic rate (a)|
|1000 – 1999||70 % of basic rate (a)|
|2000 – 2999||80 % of basic rate (a)|
|3000 – 3999||90 % of basic rate (a)|
|4000 and over||Journey Worker|
6. All wage increases are subject to an apprentice completing the preceding 1,000 hour increments.